Sunday, August 9, 2015

1/2 Way Through C25K Training Plan

That's right! I made it through 4 weeks (with 1 week off while on vacation) of my 5K training plan.  The problem with this is that I am supposed to be running a 10K in 2 weeks! I think I've decided to not worry about my time.  It is really getting to me mentally. I don't have room for that in my head right now.  I just need to focus on finishing standing up! I know I can do that!!! I may not run the entire thing, but that is OK!!!
If I have to be put in the last corral at Disney's Half - then so be it.  Again-  I just have to finish. If I don't get any pictures with any characters, it will be ok.  I just have to finish!

Today's Run:
I was worried since I haven't run in 1 week.  I started out slow, but then was able to get a good pace going.  I did my first 3 minutes pretty easily.  The first 5 minutes weren't too bad either.  The 2nd 3 minute jog was a little tougher & the last 5 minutes was pretty tough- but I didn't stop! Literally- I kept going! It "ended" 2 houses down from my own, but instead of turning left, I went right and jogged/walked around 1 more block.  It wasn't much more, but it was more of a mental challenge- I knew I didn't have someone in my ear telling me it was time to walk or run.  I had to make myself go. Once again, it was tough- but I did it.  So, here are my stats:

Time:  28:29
Distance: 2.11- yay! I finally went 2 miles... ha ha
Min/Mile: 13:29- not bad considering I did a bit of walking in my "extra" stretch
So there it is... I didn't fall out or throw up, so I guess it should be considered a good morning. :)

~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment