Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Slow Goings...

***Originally written Nov. 17, 2015***

8? Seriously? I've only read 8 of these books to my daughters since starting this? Perhaps it is because I know I have read a lot of these stories to them in the past, (or at least to Ashlyn) so they are so familiar to me, I assumed they've been read recently. 

Confession: Sami does not enjoy bedtime stories.  She wants to hold a book and look at the pages and not listen to what story I'm reading.  This is new to me.  I still have Ashlyn's attention- at almost 9- with story books.  Sami will want to read during the day, but at night she has zero interest.  What am I to do with that?

I'm trying to pull 1 50 by 5 book each night, 1 random story book (we have plenty), 1 story out of a bedtime story book & a couple of poems from Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends.  One of my favorites as a kid. Ashlyn is loving it! Like I said, Sami is a hit or miss with the story books and when I pull out Where the Sidewalk ends, she says, "Boring!"   If she didn't look so much like me, I would wonder if she was switched at the hospital.

Anyway, tonight I read Guess How much I Love you & she half heartedly listened to it.  Ashlyn enjoyed it though, so at least I have that.  :) I also read Pete the Cat: The 1st Thanksgiving.  It's getting close to the time of year when I will be letting the girls unwrap 1 book each night to read. :) YAY!!!  They are not new books.  They are Christmas books I have purchased over the past few years, but it is always fun to unwrap a gift. :)

I guess that's all for now! Night all!!!
~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment