Saturday, February 27, 2016

A trip to the library

Wow, Time is catching up! So, I went to my library (which is AWESOME, I might add) to get some of the books I don't own.  I borrowed:

Rainbow Fish, Olivia, Don't let the Pigeon drive the bus (all 3 of which I thought we owned???), How I Became a Pirate, Make Way for Ducklings, Someday, & Oh the Things you can Think!

From my sister, I borrowed:

Where the Wild Things Are, & (a version of) Pat The Bunny. 
I went to BAM and bought The Belly Book because I can't seem to find it anywhere!!!
I was lucky enough to see "Goodnight Gorilla" in my teacher's book bin and she was kind enough to loan it to me for the night.  :)

Reading to her is still a challenge! Sami does not want to sit down and listen to a story! I just don't understand! Mr. Matt from our library came to our class to read and I just sat there and enjoyed every moment of it! I have always loved to have someone read to me.  (Thanks Mom!!!) I can't imagine not wanting to enjoy listening to a story.

Anyway, when I pulled out Where the Wild Things Are, she got really excited.  We read it together and acted out the parts together.  It was fun for both of us. :)
I had not read "Someday" before now, and Oh my gravy- depressing!!! She really enjoyed Goodnight Gorilla.  I will probably go look for it today to purchase for her.  She liked telling me what everyone in the story was doing.  :)   She also likes the Pigeon books.  She loves saying, "NO!" after the Pigeon begs... It's funny. 

On a sort of different note, She found Ashlyn's Pete the Cat CD's that go along with "Rocking his New Shoes" & "Rocking his School Shoes". She has almost worn them out!!! It is really too cute to watch her!

I guess that's all for now.  I'm going back to the library Monday to return the ones we've read & pick up a couple I have on hold (Going on a Bear Hunt & Duck in the Truck). 

"B-Day" is getting way too close!

~Summerr

No comments:

Post a Comment