Wednesday, July 13, 2011

30 Day Challenge Day 3: My First Love

Hello All,

My Day 3 Post is supposed to be about my first love??? How is that supposed to be manageable without offending/upsetting Shaun?  Oh well, here goes...

They say you never completely forget or get over your first love.  I guess that's true because as I sit down to write about him, it still tugs at my heart strings. It's hard to consider him my first love... I guess a piece of me still loves him and probably always will.  Surely if there's enough love in my heart for Shaun and my 2 precious daughters, there has to be a little room left over for him... after all, he was there first.

I'm not sure if my earliest memories of him are real or if they've been distorted over time. He still seems somewhat perfect- of course he wasn't... I mean- who is? Anyway, Let's get on with it...
It seems like I knew him my whole life.  He wasn't always a "constant".  He'd sort of come and go- in and out of my life as he or I pleased.  I knew it was really was love when I turned 16 and all I wanted was to see him.  By college, I was sure I'd outgrown him... but I constantly found myself drawn to him.  I'd find ways to be "close" to him without actually being able to see him.  After graduating from college I went to see him again... the first time in a while and I was immediately addicted to him again.   It became harder and harder for me to stay away from him after that trip. I came up with all sorts of excuses to go see him, so I did and as often as I could.  It was still not a constant though.  As happy as I was when I was with him, leaving was unbearable.  I would not be satisfied until I knew when I could see him again.  Buy why him???
I guess he always made me feel so happy.  Just thinking about him could bring a smile to my face. He made me laugh.  He had a great group of friends.  He was generally a "good" guy. Even though our time was always short, he was always happy to see me and never made me feel guilty about coming to see him or leaving.   I still see him sometimes... Shaun doesn't mind too much.  He's a great guy like that.  Anyway... I guess that's all I can say about him.  Some of you may know who I'm talking about and some of you don't.  For those of you who don't know him, he's still a great guy & maybe one day you'll get a chance to know him as well.   I'll leave you with a picture of us one of the last times I saw him...
~Summer










3 comments:

  1. I LOVED this post! I added you to my list of blogs I follow, and I stole your 30-day challenge. I'm just a copy-cat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew as soon as I started reading and long before I scrolled down to the picture exactly who you were talking about!! I guess when you share the same kind of love it is easy to understand!

    ReplyDelete