Wednesday, July 27, 2011

30 Day Challenge- My Parents

Hey there, Happy Rainy Wednesday to ya!
I have a couple of minutes on a rainy afternoon, so I thought I'd sit down really quickly while my little angel is asleep. I think I need to change my challenge from the 30-day challenge to the 30 topic challenge since I never intended to write everyday.
Oh well... today's topic is my parents.
Paulette & Chuck I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to say about either of them. If you know me, you probably know my parents. We've always been really close, and I'm thankful to be able to still live so close to them now.
My Mom




My mom was pretty much a stay at home mom who was always there when we needed her. Whether it was for cookies at snack time, a ride to the mall (or dance, or gymnastics, or the ice rink...), or a shoulder to cry on, she was always there. I remember the first time she left all of us to go down to Florida to visit her friends, the house pretty much fell apart. My poor Daddy didn't know how to do any of the things she did, the WAY she did it. Ashlee & I were awful & he wasn't used to dealing with us all day like that. We all survived though!
My mom was always supportive of me- regardless of what it was. She allowed me to make mistakes and was still there to pick up the pieces when I needed it. She indulged me in all of my many obsessions and even supported a few of them by driving me all over the south east to see a certain boy band when I was twelve.

My Daddy



My daddy worked a bunch when I was growing up. He still works a bunch! We traveled around a lot when I was very little for his jobs, but regardless of where we were living, he made sure we had our little weekend adventures. Sometimes, he’d say, “Hey, I’m going for a ride, wanna go?” I’d ask where he was going and he’d respond, “down the road”. He usually meant it too… just down the road to see where it would take him.
He’s adventurous like that. He’s also a great cook! I wish I’d spent a little more time in the kitchen with him growing up. I must have inherited some of those cooking talents, since I’ve only thrown away 2 dishes I’ve made- and I cook quite a bit. (Not as much lately with Samantha, but you get the point).
He always reminded me a bit of Indiana Jones. Like I said, he was always up for an adventure, and he HATES snakes! Especially after being bitten by one in 2004!
So that’s it- my parents - still married after 40 years! (Unless you ask my mom, then it’s only been like… 30...) So, kudos to them! I know I’m lucky and blessed to have them both in my life and living so close!  

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha!! Love the pics! :)
    That was very sweet too... you definitely have some great parents! I feel very blessed that you share them with me.

    ReplyDelete