Sunday, July 31, 2011

I did it... a while ago, but I did it!

Hey y'all! I'm going to skip my next blog challenge topic to tell y'all about what I did! Ok, I guess it's really not that big of a deal and it's been 2 weeks, so the thrill of it is pretty much gone, but oh well... I'm going to share!

Just a few short months ago, this was me...


 


















Now, I want you to ignore the belly and the extra weight.  What I want you to focus on is the hair. Yes, that extremely long hair that literally rested on my big baby belly.  *sigh*
Fast Forward to a couple of weeks ago...
I made an appointment to get my hair cut- but I wasn't too sure how short I wanted it. Maybe just a trim, maybe some short layers just around the face, maybe chop it all off!!!  The day of the appointment, I still wasn't sure what I was going to do.  It wasn't until Kelly started to take me back to wash it that I made my decision.  I stopped her & told her I wanted to cut it off first so I could donate it to locks of love.  We put it in a ponytail and a few short snip snip snips later it was gone. Well, it was in my hand, but it was no longer attached to my head! I'd made up my mind before that regardless of what I chose, I would NOT have cutters remorse, and I didn't.  :) I was very happy with the length & style she chose.  I had another appointment that afternoon to get my hair colored with Krista & we were doing a little something different as well. 
Here I am now, after the cut & color change: 


I love it! I feel so much better and honestly, it was really hard for me to even find a picture of me with my hair down.  I always had it up in a pony tail, twisted in a clip or down in a braid.  So there ya go! My cute new "do".   This post was not as exciting as it could have been, but sometimes, that's a good thing!
I'll get back to my topic challenge next post. Night All!
 ~Summer

1 comment: