Saturday, July 16, 2011

Birthday Wishes

Hi friends,

I'm taking a quick break from my 30 day challenge to say a few words about turning another year older...
For as long as I can remember I have LOVED celebrating my birthday! I've always had a party or at least had friends over to celebrate with me.  Heck, I've even thrown myself a surprise party or two! However, the past couple of years I've come to realize it's not so much the party, the cake or even the cards & gifts I enjoy so much.  It's just being with all of my family and friends. I love having the "excuse" to take time out of my day to sit and chat with someone who took time out of their day to call to tell me they were thinking of me & they loved me on my special day.  Thinking back on yesterday I'm so amazed and feel almost a bit overwhelmed at how blessed I really am! Everyone made me feel so special by calling, sending a card or simply posting a "Happy Birthday" on facebook. 
I guess adding another candle on the cake is worth it to be reminded once a year how special we all are to each other!

Thanks again... and know I really do love each and every one of you!
~Summer

I'll leave you with a couple of the pictures from my dinner with my family.  (Maggie was the party planner who brought the hats)

My cousin Heather & I in our party hats




Ashlyn with my cousin April




 Me - the birthday girl with Maggie- the party planner


No comments:

Post a Comment