Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Whiney Little Post

Hi there,
Fair warning: I might whine a bit. 

Today was a struggle.  I got up at a decent time, went outside to run & was pleasantly surprised it wasn't too hot yet.  (77°) I did my warm up walk & then began my jog.  The first jog was 90 seconds- I did fine on that one.  I knew the second jog was going to be 3 minutes, so I didn't want to tire out so I was trying really hard to keep a slower pace.  Of course as soon as my job time begins, I start up a small hill.  I pushed through & was able to run the entire 3 minutes.  Obviously, I was not as fast as when I'm on the treadmill, but I did run the entire thing.  The last 3 minute jog I was mostly going downhill.  It wasn't until the final 45-60 seconds I began going back uphill.  I did it though! I was proud of that... BUT

This is the first day I'm questioning myself & my ability to do this.  I'm proud of my measly almost 1.5 mile run... great! Only 11.6 more miles to go! I know I have all fall/winter to train for the half, but I am feeling a little discouraged.  I guess I'm starting to worry a little about this 10K I signed up for in August.  My 5K training won't even be finished by then.  I'm going to have to start adding a running day to my schedule.  Either do 4 days a week of the training to speed it up, or just take long runs on Saturdays (this is Shaun's suggestion). 
While I'm on the complain train... my leg still hurts! It is my right leg & it hurts while I run and throughout the day after my run.  Like, right now, it feels like someone is squeezing my calf with all their might.  Hey! Maybe that's the fat squeezing out.  Ha ha..
Ok, no more complaining... I promise. 
Here are my stats according to runkeeper:

Time: 18.59
Distance: 1.37 (not nearly as far as on the treadmill)
Min/Mile: 13.49
Calories: 214

It doesn't give me the mile/hour but the minute mile is helpful.  I use this to make sure I'm running at a pace I can do.  The problem is when I hear, "Begin running", I take off.  Obviously, I can't keep up that pace for very long at all.... So, I'm trying to learn to pace myself.  It just feels so unnatural and I feel so sluggish & slow.  I can only imagine how I look out there. 

 

Honestly, the dog probably has better form!
Anyway,
There is today's run... I know my next one will be better.  I didn't want to write this post, but I feel like I need to be able to look back and see that every run is not easy. 
Have a great Wednesday!
~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment