Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Well, It's official...

I am officially signed up to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon February 2016!
I honestly am not sure how I feel about it- excited, nervous, confident, NOT confident, disbelief...
Anyway, I AM going to do it! My goal is to get into a faster corral so I will have time to stop and take some pics with the characters.  In order to get in a faster corral I will have to submit an official time from a 10k between August & November.  So... that being said:
I have signed up for my first 10k! 
Shaun & I are going to run it together.  Well, he'll be running much faster, but we will be in the same race. It is the 3rd Annual Moonlight Dash 10k. 


 
 
I have done a 5k, but never "seriously".  My C25K will be "finished" the week following the 10k, so we will see how that works out...
 
Speaking of my program, I started week 2 today.  It felt like I hadn't run in a few days, but I only took 1 day off.  Today, I ran for 90 seconds, walking for 2.  I felt really good, but again I was on a treadmill.  I'm going to try to run at least 1 day a week outside so I don't get too spoiled on the treadmill.  Tomorrow is my birthday, and I am going to try to run outside early in the morning.  We shall see!
I'll let you know!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment