Sunday, July 26, 2015

Week 3 in the books....

Confession:
I have not wanted to run the past 3 days, so I didn't.  This morning I knew  had to get up and go though, so I did. As a "punishment" to myself, I didn't go to the treadmill, I ran outside.  It was only 75 when I left the house, so it wasn't too bad yet. 
I am really starting to worry about this 10 K.  I don't even know if I'll be ready to run a 5K by then! The most I've done is 1 1/2 miles! What have I done?!? Shaun keeps telling me I need to run longer, but I'm trying to build my endurance, not just go all out and run a long distance. I don't know. 
My "Plan" is to do as well as I can in this 10K in August, then maybe sign up for another one in October or November.  By then I will be better prepared.  Shaun says there isn't another one anywhere around here anytime soon.  What a Debbie Downer.. Just kidding- I love him.
If there isn't another one then..... ROAD TRIP!!! I'm sure I can find one somewhere.
Ok, my morning's run:

Like I said I was outside.  Surprisingly, I didn't feel worn out or too hot or tired.  I think the break was good for my body.  My leg wasn't even hurting!  Instead of looking at my pace on the phone while running & walking, I just tried to pace myself.  I am trying to learn how to jog at a slower pace.   I did it today.  I was able to run a fairly slower pace without tracking it while jogging.  Here are the results after my run:

Distance: 1.21 miles (not very far)
Time: 18:13
Minute/Mile: 15:06*
My elevation was only about 20 feet if I'm reading that correctly. 
So, my average mile is under 16 minutes- without tracking myself! That's good.  Even though it's not great- I decided today that a slow jog is better than no jog.
With that, I think I will sign off !
~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment