Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The beginning of Week 3

Hello There! Happy Tuesday to you all!

I have not been sleeping well lately- which is NOT like me.  I usually am asleep less than 10 minutes after my head hits the pillow.  Sunday night I was up tossing & turning until 3 something.  Last night, I was up until after 1.  Needless to say, I'm not super energetic in the morning, but I knew since I skipped yesterday, I HAD to get a run in today.  I chose noon as a good time, so obviously, I was inside on the treadmill.

My right calf is still a little sore so I didn't add an incline today.  But, I ran faster than I have previously! Yay me. 
Since today was the beginning of Week 3, it means new training times.  I apparently read the description wrong.  I thought it said, "90 seconds running/90 seconds walking"- which it did, but then it added, "3 minutes running/3 minutes walking".  I have to say, during that first 3 minutes of jogging, I was thinking, "This is a really long 90 seconds... Maybe I missed the 'walk' cue.... Whatever, I can do it.... Seriously, when am I supposed to walk?" I finally got my phone out to see if I was going crazy right as it told me to start walking.  I noticed the remaining time was 2:58.  That's when I read the description a little better.  I was ok though! The 2nd 3 minute jog, I pushed myself to run faster than normal & I was able to keep it up! I had to talk myself through it a couple of times, but I was proud of my mini accomplishment.  And yes- I'm one of those, "I can do it!" girls.  I have talked myself through a LOT of workouts. 

I think I am going to start taking & posting a pic of myself at the end of my run.  Here I am right now (post shower & a good 45 minutes after my run), but it's a start. 
 

This way, I'll be able to go back and say, "I was able to smile after that little run..."

Ok, here are todays stats:
Total time: 18:32 (not counting my warm up & cool down)
Distance: 1.41 miles
Calories: 172
Avg MPH: 4.5
Avg min/mile: 13.51

Yay! Again, I know it was a short, inside run, but I also know it will help me get to where I want to go: The Finish Line of the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon!!!
My "I can do it?" is turning into "I think I might be able to do this..."

I'm not sure when I'm going to get my outside run in this week.  It's REALLY hot here... Hopefully, I will fall asleep early enough to get up super early tomorrow or Thursday morning.
Til next time,
~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment