Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Happy Birthday to me!

Let's get this out of the way: I love birthdays! I love MY birthday! Why? I don't know. Maybe because it is the one day of the year I hear from friends I love dearly. Maybe it's because I know I will get to spend the evening with my family. Maybe it's because I like attention & this day is all mine!!!



 Ok, just kidding about the last part.  Let's be honest- your birthday as an adult is not as much fun as when you're a kid.  Who wants to add another number to that "age"? Not me.  Much like my mom, I tend to fabricate my age.  As a matter of fact- about 3 months ago, I was filling out paperwork at a Dr.'s office & I put my "pretend" age (not realizing it) & filled in my actual birth date (the year).  They must have thought I was completely mental.  Oh well... I'm sure they figured it out.  What does your age even mean? I'm clearly old enough to vote, drink, rent a car and pretty much anything else legally I want.  The next "good" birthday is the one I officially am considered a senior citizen so I can get my discount at the Movie Theater.  Not much to get excited about.  So... my age is how young I feel.  Today... I feel...  older than my 20s... I think- early 30's.  That sounds good to me. 33? 34? Who cares?!  As my Grandma Goey always said, "It beats the alternative!"

No comments:

Post a Comment