Saturday, July 18, 2015

Week 2- In the books!

Week 2 is officially finished! Woo Hoo!!! I know it's still early in my training, but I'm celebrating the little steps!
I think this was the longest break I've had from running.  I took Thursday & Friday off. I definitely felt it today! This was the first time my legs have hurt.  Actually, it was just my right calf.  It felt tight & really sore & didn't get better as I ran.  Even after my shower, it's still hurting.  I must not be stretching right.  I'll have to look up good pre & post running stretches, I guess.  So- leg in pain- here are my workout results :

Total time: 24 minute;
Distance: 1.64 miles;
Avg MPH: 4.0;
Avg Minute/Mile: 15:58- this is the important one! I have to keep at least a 16 minute mile in the Princess Half.  This is including a warm up walk, so it is probably a little better than this...
Vertical ft: 190
Avg Grade: 2.1- I'm wondering if these last 2 are my incline.  I set it at 2.5 for the 1st half & then dropped it to 2.0.  I'm just trying to be a little realistic regarding hills. 

Anyhoo... That's all for now!  I will start week 3 Monday (unless I get a wild hair tomorrow morning) which is 90 seconds running/90 seconds walking.  The overall workout is shorter, but so is my "recovery" time. I think I can do it!
I guess we'll see... ;)
~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment