Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I've begun week 4!

Week 4 has officially begun! Yay me!
In case you forgot- I'm all about celebrating the small things. 
Today I decided to take my run outside again (3rd outside run in a row!).  It was a little warmer than I expected, but I did get out there about 30 minutes later than I wanted.
So, today's "schedule" was run 3 minutes/ walk 90 seconds; run 5 minutes/walk 2.5;  run 3/walk 90; run 5- then begin your cool down.
I am proud to say I did it! Now, I'm not going to lie.  That last 5 minutes, I was not sure I was going to make it.  Had my final 1 minute warning not come up, I probably would have stopped jogging in exchange for a brisk walk.  But oh I was beaming when I made it.  I was talking myself through it too.  But, for the 1st time in a while, I ran 16 minutes (non consecutively).  GO ME!!!
I also didn't watch my pace, but tried to do what I was comfortable doing. I didn't really push myself until that final 5 minutes, when I tried to actually pick up the pace a bit.  Here are my stats:

Time: 21:55
Distance- 1.58 miles (Yes! I finally ran a mile & a half!)
Minute / mile: 13:52- again faster than the 16 minute mile I have to maintain for like- 3 hours. 

I'm still nervous about the 10K, but I'm just going to do the best I can do.  If I don't make it into a "faster" corral, then I'll just have to push myself to beat the bus. 

Next week I am a little worried about my training.  Saturday, I'm going to be out of town (6 flags with my church youth group). Sunday, I'm taking the girls back down to Disney and to visit a friend for a few days... so- When am I going to run? I'm going to be exhausted from 6 flags & the drive down.  Our plan is to get up early to hit the parks, come home for lunch, then go back at night.  I am NOT going to run mid day in Orlando.  There will not be a treadmill available to me.  What am I to do? Right now, I'm just thinking I'll get up extra early & go outside and run my friend's neighborhood.  The only problem with that is even if I do it 1 day, the odds of me doing it after 3 days in the parks are falling quite significantly.  I am going to have to motivate myself and remind myself of the BIG picture... and visualize that finish line!
I'll let you know when I finish week 4... :)
~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment